Classic Heaters is where you can send the heater core for your classic, vintage or antique car or truck to have it put back into like new condition. After decades of use, non use or poor maintenance your heater core can become internally clogged to the point where it puts out little or no heat or it can develop leaks from normal wear and tear.
After receiving the heater core from your classic, vintage or antique car or truck for recoring we will remove the tanks and brackets, glass bead them, straighten or replace damaged necks, solder them onto a new core and test to the appropriate pressure. We will then inspect it for appearance and soak it in "Green Stop'. This solution prevents green corrosive build-up on the exterior of your heater core and also on the inside in case you don't install it right away.
We do keep some of the more popular heater cores made up ready to go. If you need one of these right away we can ship it out but will need to charge a core charge. This will be refunded after we recieve a recoreable heater core back from you.
1) When sending a heater core for recoring be sure to include your name, address, phone number, best time to call and all pertinent vehicle information. Also let us know how you heard about Classic Heaters.
2) Turnaround time is usually within one week as long as we have the required piece of core in stock. If we don't, it may take an additional week.
3) We might be able to quote you a price via e-mail or phone if we have the size of your heater core on file. If we don't, you will have to send it to us for a price quote. If you are not happy with the quoted price, we will ship it back to you at no charge.
4) All recored heater cores come with a one year guarantee.
5) We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and money orders for payment. We suggest that you give us your credit card information over the phone instead of sending it with the heater core if that is how you will be making payment. We do accept personal checks but will require a 10 day holding period to ensure clearing.
6) We do not rebuild heater control valves but we highly recommend the services of these three heater valve rebuilders;
Jim Tucker, 29596 Paso Robles Rd, Valley Center CA 92082 Phone 760-749-3488 or e-mail JTHCV@Juno.com
Old Air Products 4615 Martin St. FortWorth TX 817-531-2665
7) Our shipping address is ; Classic Heaters, 566 Fulton St., Farmingdale NY 11735
8) Please let us know if you have a preference of return shipping. We use UPS on a daily basis. US Postal service can also be used if requested.
To see some of the inventory that we have in stock please go to our catalog at